Windscreen Repairs are very common because this is the largest piece of glass in the car and it faces all flying obstructions objects front on so there are plenty of opportunities to damage your windscreen. DingGo can help you with all of your different Windscreen Repairs. Depending on the severity of the windscreen damage sometimes windscreens often can't be repaired and instead need to be replaced. If your windscreen has suffered only a stone chip or small crack this won't need to be replaced as this can simply be repaired.
There are several things to be considered when determining if car Windscreen Repairs are possible or if it needs to be replaced entirely, these include:
1. If the damage is extending through more than just the outer layer of glass.
2. If the crack is larger than a small chip in the glass.
DingGo’s Windscreen Repairs specialists can determine if the glass is repairable or needs to be replaced and get you quotes within 24 hours. Get your free Windscreen Repairs quotes online now
Fortunately Windscreen Repairs & replacements are often a quick process meaning your car is not off the road for more than two to four hours. In some cases a mobile Windscreen Repairs specialist will usually be able to come round to your home or office and fit on a new piece of glass within 30 minutes.
Looking for Windscreen Repairs? Use the quick quotes service on DingGo.com.au to get free quotes from our network of highly reviewed local Windscreen Repairs specialists.
If the window has a small chip it can often be repaired to regain its integrity. If you’ve got a larger crack, or the window crack impairs the drivers vision, then it's definitely best to replace the broken windscreen immediately as a matter of safety.
New windscreen prices are calculated on the make and model of your car. Usually, they start around $200 and go up from there.
As mentioned earlier, not all car windscreen can be repaired. As a rule of thumb if the crack is larger than 3 cm you will need to have your car windscreen glass replaced. If the window chip or crack is smaller than 3cm then the damaged car window can be repaired, this is done with a special resin injection and the process follows like this:
1. Dirt, moisture, and splinters are removed from the chip or crack.
2. If the crack is clean and dry, special synthetic resin will be injected into the star.
3. A special vacuum pump is then used by the repairer to ensure that the injected resin spreads well.
4. The synthetic resin is then dried using a special UV lamp.
5. The processed piece of glass is then polished to make the glass clear again.